State Bar of Washington, D.C.
United States Patent and Trademark Office
United States Federal Court and
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuits
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Investigation, White Collar and Fraud
D.C. Bar Association
D.C. Bar's Lawyer Assistance Committee (Served 2 years)
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
M.A., Immunology, Medical Pathology and Microbiology, University of Minnesota
B.S., Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Evan Park is a partner in the D.C., office. Mr. Park is a dedicated trial attorney and counselor experienced with intellectual property, white collar and tech-intensive litigation and government investigation matters. This includes high stakes cases or investigations where parties faced millions and sometimes billions of dollars of potential exposure. His work has been covered by Dateline NBC, The Washington Post and other news outlets.
Mr. Park previously served as an award-winning Assistant Chief of the Federal Communications Commission's Investigations and Hearings Division. In that role he coordinated with officials at state and federal agencies on high profile investigations. Mr. Park has advised private clients on a wide array of government-related matters concerning the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the International Trade Commission (ITC). He also has represented clients under investigation by Main Justice and other law enforcement agencies.
Mr. Park also advises individuals and organizations in the cannabis and medicinal psychedelics sectors. He understands the complex business landscape facing innovators in these fields and is quick to provide leading edge advice on civil, white collar and regulatory issues
- Represented investment banks in SEC investigations and in civil litigation.
- Defended a government contractor in a False Claims Act case brought by Main Justice.
- Represented a branded pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman litigation.
- Counseled clients under investigation by the FBI and the Secret Service.
- Defended manufacturers against coronary stent and abdominal aortic stent patents.
- Counseled an electronics manufacturer involved in parallel patent proceedings before the ITC and a federal district court.
- Assisted clients under investigation by the FTC on competition-related issues.
- Counseled finance companies on contract, securities fraud and bankruptcy matters.
- Handled mission critical FOIA matters including one that resulted in the recovery of exculpatory documents demonstrating the innocence of a client—a former prosecutor and government official—falsely accused of murder.
- Led the FCC's billion-dollar competitive bidding investigation of the largest school district in the country.
- Represented clients in copyright and trademark litigation.
- First-chaired hundreds of criminal law matters.