State Bar of California
State Bar of Georgia
AREAS OF PRACTICE
General Corporate & Commercial
Venture Finance & Emerging Companies
Mergers and Acquisitions
J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center
M.B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
B.S., Fudan University
Ning Zhang is a partner in the Shanghai and San Francisco offices. Ms. Zhang has extensive experience in representing U.S. companies in their Chinese investment and Chinese companies in overseas mergers and acquisitions.
Ms. Zhang specializes in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and greenfield start-ups for manufacturers, healthcare providers, financial institutions and high-tech companies. She has also provided corporate and commercial transaction services to many U.S. companies in different stages.
Prior to joining the firm, Ning worked at White & Case Palo Alto Office and Shanghai Office, as well as Jones Days Atlanta Office and Shanghai Office for more than 10 years, during which time she counseled a range of clients including Intel, Google Capital, ICBC, Hepalink, Votorantim, Regal Beloit, AVIC, NavInfo, Beingmate, among others.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented a major U.S. high tech company in strategic acquisitions of various companies or assets, involving deep learning, cloud technology, CDMA business, etc.
- Represented Google Capital in a proposed acquisition of an online education site in China (not closed)
- Represented Hepalink, a Chinese company listed on Shenzhen Stock Exchange, in its acquisition of its competitor in the U.S. and its investment in a medical fund in the U.S.
- Represented ICBC in its acquisition of a Taiwan commercial bank
- Represented owners of a Chinese hospital restructure its business in a sale to a British strategic investor
- Represented and participated in a number of transactions where the U.S. investors disposed of their interests in Chinese entities
PE/VC Financing Deals
- Represented certain medical fund in China to invest in various U.S. companies in Pre-IPO rounds
- Represented a well-known U.S. pharmaceutical company in its investment in Chinese pharmaceutical companies through its fund in Asia
- Represented Chinese investors in Series F investment in Airbnb and Uber
- Participated in about ten joint ventures or strategic alliance projects in various jurisdictions, including Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Cayman Islands, BVI, and the U.S.
- Assisted ING to form its representative office in the U.S.
- Participated in more than 20 commercial banks' debt issuance or public offerings
In the News: