State Bar of California
United States Circuit Courts of Appeal for Ninth Circuit
United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern District of California
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
AREAS OF PRACTICE
General Corporate & Commercial
Data, Privacy and Security
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Employment and Labor
Professional Liability Litigation
Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
Cannabis & Hemp
Certificate, International Law, University of Salzburg
J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
B.A., Economics, University of California, Santa Cruz
Jason Balogh is a partner in the San Francisco office. Mr. Balogh brings over a decade of litigation, trial, and appellate experience successfully representing clients in complex, multi-party litigation with liability exposure in the hundreds of millions. Mr. Balogh practice focuses on litigation in the areas of professional liability (including the defense of real estate brokers, HOA managers, insurance brokers, attorneys, engineers, and architects), employment, construction defect, and insurance litigation.
Prior to joining CKR, Mr. Balogh practiced law in the boutique and insurance defense law firm environment, most recently at Hickey Smith LLP. Mr. Balogh's practice areas included both trial court and appellate litigation in areas of professional liability, labor and employment, business disputes, insurance coverage disputes, consumer class actions, construction defect, premises liability, bad faith, and personal injury. Mr. Balogh also worked as an attorney at the Sacramento Public Defender's Office handling misdemeanor and felony matters.
Mr. Balogh also has experience in trademark disputes, data breach, class actions, false advertising, products liability, personal injury, contract disputes, real property disputes, and as an outside general counsel to both large and small companies. Mr. Balogh was previously the CEO of a technology startup company focused on connecting law firms and temporary attorneys.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial on a $35 million dollar attorney malpractice claim in Federal Court. Named top defense verdict of 2013 by the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial on $12 million dollar attorney malpractice and fraud claim.
- Successful demurrer on $10 million attorney malpractice claim.
- Obtained summary judgment on attorney fraud claim.
- Obtained summary judgment for major retail store in defense of claims of personal injury, false arrest and imprisonment.
- Represented an engineer on claims of negligence in the design of a firefighting plane that resulted in damage to multiple planes and loss of business revenue.
- Represented a cosmetics company in a class action matter alleging that the company engaged in false advertising in violations of California's Unfair Competition Law and Consumer Legal Remedies Act.
- Represented an insurance company in indemnity and subrogation litigation arising from a tragic construction site accident involving three employees of a roofing subcontractor who fell from a roof.
- Represented a developer in an action brought by over 100 homeowners for construction defects.
- Represented a general contractor and construction management firm in a lawsuit alleging intentional interference with contract and fraud in the construction of a $60 million home in Silicon Valley.
- Represented a general contractor in construction defect claims arising from the construction of a multimillion-dollar home.
- Represented subcontractors in construction defect claims arising out of the construction of large subdivisions, trophy homes, and resort properties.
- Represented a nationwide transportation company in wage and hour class action litigation.
- Represented a major national bank in a premises liability action alleging failure to warn customers of a dangerous condition.
- Represented a major national bank in litigation alleging bad faith in the handling of a claim under a disability insurance policy.
- Represented the founder of a music band in a dispute with other band members over rights to band name, music, and equipment.
- Represented a real estate broker in action brought by buyer of property alleging failure to disclose known defects and unpermitted construction.
- Represented a national retail chain in a consumer class action asserting fraud, consumer protection, and warranty claims, stemming from the sale of a popular baby product.