State Bars of New York
State Bar of New Jersey
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States District Courts Southern & Eastern District of New York &
United States District Court of New Jersey,
United States District Court of Eastern District of Texas
United States Patent and Trademark Office
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Trademarks and Brands
Licensing and Technology Transfer
Regulatory and Compliance Professional, WK 1, Wharton School
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School
Post Graduate Work, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, Georgia State University
B.S., Economics & Mathematics, University of the State of New York - Albany, Summa Cum Laude
Scott H. Kaliko is a partner in the New York City office. Mr. Kaliko is a seasoned intellectual property attorney with over 18 years of experience. Mr. Kaliko's practice primarily focuses on advising clients in complex intellectual property matters.
Mr. Kaliko's work encompasses IP transactions, patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret prosecution, and IP litigation. He has represented numerous Fortune 500 companies such as Bayer Pharmaceutical, Honeywell, Siemens, Smiths Industries (Now GE Aviation), TV Guide (Gemstar), Johnson & Johnson, Time Warner Entertainment Company, and Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Inc. In addition, Mr. Kaliko's experiences include working as acting counsel for a variety of intellectual property clients by performing patent and trademark prosecution, IP Audits, IP Litigation, IP Asset Management, and IP Counseling. Mr. Kaliko has also patented numerous technical innovations in the pharmaceutical industry, biotech, and high-tech industries. Further, Mr. Kaliko has also acted as the first chair in several IP litigations covering patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret matters.
Mr. Kaliko also adds a unique talent to his intellectual property practice as he is also a certified anti-money laundering specialist (CAMS) and a subject matter expert in the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering compliance for banks, broker-dealers and investment advisers where he provided counsel to Bain Capital, First Southwest Broker-Dealer, Banamex (subsidiary of Citibank), LPL Financial, and Aladdin Capital.
Prior to joining CKR Law, Mr. Kaliko founded Kaliko & Associates LLC and successfully managed the firm for eighteen years. Earlier in his career before establishing Kaliko & Associates LLC Mr. Kaliko work with JP Morgan Chase & Co., Fish & Neave, LLP, and Ropes & Gray, LLP.
- MGT, LLC and John Mcafee v. Intel, Inc. et al. (Trademark Litigation) 2016
- The Turtle Company, Inc. v. PEZ Candy, Inc. (patent infringement, trademark, trade dress litigation)
- The Turtle Company, Inc. v. Pro Specialties Group, Inc.; National Football League et al. (patent infringement litigation)
- The Turtle Company, Inc. v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (patent infringement litigation)
- Timeless Clothing USA, LLC, et al. v. Kat Bret et al. (declaratory judgment copyright action)
- Umbanet, Inc. v. Cape Resorts Group et al. (patent infringement litigation)
- Umbanet, Inc. v. Classic Auto Spa et al. (patent infringement litigation)
- Umbanet, Inc. v. Englewood Wine Merchants, Inc. et al. (patent infringement litigation)
- Umbanet, Inc. v. Tumi, Inc. et al. (patent infringement litigation)
- Constant Contact, Inc. v. Umbanet, Inc. (declaratory judgment action patent infringement litigation)
- Solaia Tech LLC v. Arvinmeritor Inc, et al., No. 1:2002-cv-04704 (patent infringement litigation)
- Friskit, Inc. v. RealNetworks, Inc. et al., No. 3:2003-cv-05085 (N.D CA) (patent infringement litigation involving Digital Streaming Media)
- Photonetics, Inc. et al. v. New Focus, Inc., No. 01-493-SLR (D. Del.); (patent infringement litigation)
- The Turtle Company, Inc. v. Pro Specialties Group, Inc; National Football League et al.; No. 2:09-cv-03146 (D NJ); (patent infringement litigation)
- The Turtle Company, Inc. v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., No. 2:10-cv-00323 (D NJ); (patent infringement litigation)
- The Turtle Company, Inc. v. PEZ Candy, Inc., No.2:10-cv-03645 (D NJ); (patent infringement, trademark, trade dress litigation)
- Brune v. Time Warner Entertainment Company, L.P. No. 02-cv-5703 (S.D.N.Y.); (defense of trademark infringement litigation)
- Apple Computer, Inc. v. Grasso, No. 3:2005-cv-0078 (N.D. CA); (declaratory judgment action)
- Points of Light, Inc. v. Holy Cow Promos, LLC, et al. (Bergen County New Jersey Superior Court); (defense of trade secret action).
- The Turtle Company, Inc. v. Fibro Source USA and BIG LOTS, INC. No. 2:11-cv-06224 (D NJ); (patent infringement litigation)
- STRAVAL Machine Company, Inc.. v. Bart Malocha, et al. No. C-387-11 (Bergen County New Jersey Superior Court); (IP Ownership)
- Six Star Jewelry, Inc. v. Six Star Jewelers (DNJ); (trademark infringement, trademark dilution, unfair competition)
- Independent validation of Consent Order items found in a large financial institution conducted by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the California Department of Financial Institutions on action items found during a joint Bank Secrecy Act "visit".
- Counsel for the matter of LPL Financial Corp. (formerly LINSCO/Private Ledger Corp.). Specifically conducted an audit of LPL's IT security policy, procedures, and controls in an SEC Enforcement Action related to an alleged violation of Regulation S-P.
- Counsel for Aladdin Capital Management & Aladdin Capital LLC. Specifically managed all discovery and review of all marketing materials in an SEC Enforcement Action regarding alleged misrepresentations on the marketing of Aladdin’s Collateralized Debt Obligations.