AREAS OF PRACTICE
Government and Regulatory
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Bribery, Corruption and FCPA
Investigation, White Collar and Fraud
Financial Services Litigation
Securities and Enforcement
Corporate Governance and Shareholder Litigation
E-Discovery and Information Risk
Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
J.D. from The George Washington University Law School
Bachelor of Science in Engineering from University of Maryland
Kristie Blase regularly advises privately- and publicly-held companies, their directors and officers, and financial services industry clients to help them minimize and address business risks. Kristie’s goal is to create positive outcomes for her clients. She assists clients with complex commercial litigation, white collar and securities enforcement, internal investigations, and bankruptcy litigation. Kristie regularly litigates employment-related issues, including non-competes, non-solicits, trade secrets, and finders’ fees. She also represents high net worth individuals in business and personal disputes.
Kristie has a strong commitment to pro bono service, focusing her efforts on arts, education, and access to justice issues. Kristie was the lead attorney with the NYCLU in the historic settlement of a class action seeking systemic reform of the public defense system in New York State that has led to major changes across New York State.
Before joining CKR Law, Kristie was an attorney at Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP in New York and worked in-house at Och-Ziff Capital Management. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from The George Washington University Law School, where she served on the Moot Court Board. Kristie also earned an engineering degree from the University of Maryland with Honors and Gemstone citations. She spent part of her undergraduate time at the École Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et d'Aérotechnique (ENSMA) in France and at the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RuG) in the Netherlands.
Notable Representations include:
- Private equity fund in 13D litigation and proxy fight litigation in Delaware Chancery Court and US District Court, including obtaining TRO to stop challenged transaction and installing new board at public company.
- Large international telecommunications company in internal bribery and corruption investigations involving subsidiaries and third party contractors in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, including self-reporting to the DOJ and SEC in the US and FSA in the UK, resulting in no action taken by US or UK Governments against the company.
- Large private real estate investment company in multiple disputes with former joint venture partner, ending in positive global settlement for client.
- Private equity company and CLO/CDO collateral managers in Delaware Chancery Court trial concerning investor access to manager files.
- Law firm in connection with litigations and government investigations arising from failure of multiple CLOs and CDOs, successfully avoiding liability for the firm.
- Several international companies on revamping corporate anti-corruption, bribery, and whistleblower policies, designing and implementing trainings for companies, and assisting companies in hiring the appropriate internal staff to monitor and maintain the compliance programs.
- Investment advisor arm of a large national bank in connection with an SEC investigation concerning alleged disclosure violations, resulting in no action taken by the SEC.
- Funds and managers in connection with fraudulent conveyance actions stemming from Tribune and Lyondell bankruptcies.
- Offshore fund directors in connection with SEC and DOJ investigation and litigation concerning fund’s manager and its principal.
- Group of investors in investigating criminal and fraudulent activities of an investment manager.
- Pension funds in connection with corruption and fraud recoveries.
- Private company in connection with DOJ, DOL, and ICE investigation into employment and immigration issues, including conducting full internal investigation to assess scope and risks.
- Large private equity fund in connection with Mervyn’s bankruptcy and subsequent fraudulent conveyance litigations.
- Insurance company in dispute concerning liability for vehicle service contract obligations following Chrysler bankruptcy, ending with settlement in favor of insurance company.
- International sporting governing body in dispute and arbitration with country-member entity, resulting in complete award for governing body.
- Charitable fund in disputes arising from real estate investments, resulting in positive settlement for fund.
- New York Super Lawyers — Rising Star (2013-2017)
- New York Law Journal’s 2015 Lawyers Who Lead by Example Award
- New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel Honoree