David Rhee is a Partner in the Corporate Department of CKR and is based in the Firm’s New York City office.
David also serves as Head of the Firm’s Korean practice. His practice focuses on corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and joint ventures. His clients include many of the largest Korean corporations and global financial institutions. Before joining CKR, David headed the Korea practice of another global law firm.
- Advised a leading Korean private equity fund in its proposed $400million joint venture arrangement with a Canadian oil/gas company
- Advised Troika Resources Private Equity Fund on its $240-million joint venture with Bellatrix Exploration Ltd.
- Advised LG Household & Healthcare Ltd. on its acquisition of Fruits & Passion, Inc. from S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Advised SK Planet in connection with its TSX-V qualifying transaction
- Advised Samsung Securities in relation to a proposed de-listing of a company listed on the TSX
- Advised LG International in its investment in a Canadian-based mining company
- Advised a leading energy company in connection with its oil sands project with Korean conglomerates
- Advised a large institutional investment fund in its multimillion-dollar bid for an insurance company based in Korea
- Advised Hanwha Chemical Co., Ltd., a leading global chemicals company headquartered in Korea, on its US$370-million strategic equity investment in Solarfun, a NASDAQ-listed PRC manufacturer of silicon ingots, wafers and photovoltaic cells and modules
- Advised one of Korea's largest conglomerate with its investments in oil and gas assets and companies in the U.S.
- Advised a Korean conglomerate in connection with its various investments in the U.S.
- Advised a Korean conglomerate in connection with its proposed oil asset investment in Kazakhstan
- Advised a leading Korean company in its acquisition of equity interest in a leading solar energy company in the U.S.