State Bar of New York
State Bar of District of Columbia
United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Banking and Financial Instruments
Real Estate Finance
Asset Based Lending
Real Estate and Construction
Finance and Restructuring
Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
J.D., Boston University School of Law
B.A., Criminal Justice, University at Albany
Brad D. Rabinowitz is a partner in the New York City office. Mr. Rabinowitz has over 30 years of experience in all aspects of Real Estate with extensive global practice with clients all over the world.
Mr. Rabinowitz concentration in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including representation of domestic and international clients in asset acquisitions and financing. Mr. Rabinowitz has advised various lending institutions including commercial and residential lenders, mortgage bankers and asset-based lenders in connection with permanent and construction loans, workouts and loan restructuring.
Mr. Rabinowitz is an active member of MENSA and was a four-year starter on the University of Albany's NCAA lacrosse team. He played for Team Israel on its inaugural Masters Team in the 2014 World Championships and continues to play competitively for Team Israel and the Albany alumni team in tournaments throughout the country.
- Extensive commercial leasing experience representing landlords and developers including the largest commercial landlord based on Long Island with approximately 22.7 million rentable square feet of space in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
- Representation of commercial and residential builders, in the acquisition, financing, leasing and/or conveyance of real property
- Represented the purchaser, as part of €220,000,000.00 acquisition, by performing due diligence on both leased and owned real property in connection with the acquisition of vineyards and visitors’ center in Sonoma County, California.
- Tenant in the negotiation of a 90-year lease for the building of a senior citizen housing facility in Thailand.
- Developer/owner in the acquisition and financing of a 90-unit senior citizen housing complex.
- Developer in the acquisition and financing of a series of strip malls.
- Developer/owner in obtaining governmental approval for, and the acquisition and financing of, a 75-unit senior citizen housing cooperative complex.
- Commercial developer/owner in negotiating, structuring and drafting joint venture agreements and partnership agreements in the acquisition and financing of one of the largest development transactions on Long Island.
- Landlord in the first ever Starbucks lease in the Hamptons.
- Represented a Hall of Fame basketball player on the sale of a building in Harlem.
- Represented a New York City newscaster on the purchase of an apartment building.
- Assisted everal world-renowned chefs in the acquisition of leasehold space for their restaurants in Manhattan.
- Developer in the acquisition and financing of several multi-family apartment buildings.
- Owner/developer of two restaurants in Portland and Seattle in the acquisition and financing of the properties.
- Featured Speaker for Alliance Trust Seminars for Continuing Legal Education.
- Lectured on topics such as "How to Run a Successful Legal Practice"; "Real Estate Practice in the 21st Century"; "Professionalism and Ethics"; "How to Deal With Difficult Clients"; "How to Negotiate from a Position of Strength"; "How to Buy and Sell Real Estate in Manhattan" and "Integrity and Discretion in a Modern Legal Practice".