New York, Brazilian Registered Foreign Law Consultant
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mergers and Acquisitions
Private equity/Venture Capital
Finance and Restructuring
Infrastructure Finance and Development
Latin America and Caribbean Practice
Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
Northwestern University, Columbia University School of Law
Allen Moreland has over 20 years experience in major U.S. law firms working on cross-border financing and corporate transactions, including high-yield, Euro and sovereign bond issuances, structured finance transactions (including future-flow receivables and pre-export transactions) and all types of lending transactions.
Mr. Moreland also has substantial experience in advising on M&A (especially distressed M&A) and private equity transactions. He has spent almost all his career working with clients in Brazil, the rest of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Among the highlights of his career are:
- Advising underwriters and issuers in respect of dozens of cross-border bond issuances
- Representing the Government of Belize in five separate sovereign bond transactions
- Representing the purchasers/borrowers in an acquisition loan financing involving security located in sixteen separate Caribbean jurisdictions
- Representing a major multilateral development bank in the first ever Dollar-denominated financing back by Brazilian Real-denominated real estate receivables
- Structuring and negotiating many of the export receivables securitizations involving the Brazilian steel industry
- Advising the sureties in connection with the ticket sales securitizations of two major Latin American airlines.
Allen graduated Phi Beta Kappa and With Highest Distinction from Northwestern University and received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.