State Bar of New York
Solicitor in England & Wales
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
Licensed Real Estate Instructor
Certificate of Completion on Ethereum by The Business of Blockchains
International Blockchain Real Estate Association
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School
M.S., Real Estate Finance and Investment, New York University
B.A., Asian and Middle Eastern Cultures, Barnard College of Columbia University
Alexandra “Sasha” Levin Kramer is a partner and the founding chair of its Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency practice group in the New York City office. Ms. Kramer's practice has over 60 attorneys world-wide, who provide U.S. and foreign clients including startups, cryptofunds, investors, advisors and more with sophisticated and knowledgeable legal advice in underlying legal specialties such as securities, real estate, intellectual property, banking, tax, finance, corporate, investment funds, employment and litigation.
Ms. Kramer was the President of the International Blockchain Real Estate Association and currently serves as the Chief Diversity Officer for the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance. On behalf of the CKR Charitable Foundation, Ms. Kramer organized the monumental Women on the Block diversity conference in New York on Mother’s Day, 2018 (see press below).
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Kramer worked in Jerusalem in the offices of Member of Parliament Dr. Yuri Shtern and the Yisrael B'Aliya Parliamentary Party. Ms. Kramer started her law practice as a U.S. corporate & securities attorney in London at magic circle firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and later at White & Case in London and New York. Eventually, she focused on real estate transactions at Katten Muchin Rosenman in New York. She later co-founded an alternative real estate investment fund, which she managed for five years before returning to practice blockchain law at CKR Law LLP.
- Alexandra Levin Kramer regularly contributes to the CKR Law Blockchain Blog. View the blog here.
- Welcome to Blockchain, By Alexandra Levin Kramer and Marina Fyrigou-Koulouri, MicroCap Review, Spring 2018.
- Tezos Faces Legal Action, by Marina Fyrigou-Koulouri, Alexandra Levin Kramer and Michael Maloney, November 2017.
- SEC Assembles Cyber Unit to Target Cyber-Related Misconduct, by Jeffrey A. Rinde, Megan J. Penick and Alexandra Levin Kramer, October 2017.
- China Halts Token Offerings but Signals Support for Blockchain Technology, co-author with Jeffrey A. Rinde, Jing Li, Michael James Maloney and Joy Xiao, September 2017.
- Alexandra Levin Kramer has been named the new President of the International Blockchain Real Estate Association (IBREA). Learn more here.
- SEC Investigates the DAO on its Initial Coin Offering on Blockchain by Alexandra Levin Kramer, Esq., CKR Law Chair, Blockchain Technology and Digital Currency, August 2017.
- SEC Suspends Trading of Several Blockchain Companies, co-author with Michael James Maloney and Jeffrey A. Rinde, August 2017.
- Speaker, Women4Blockchain Hackathon and Conference, October 5-8, 2018. Learn more here.
- Mentor, Hackathon, October 5-8, 2018. Learn more here.
- Speaker, Real Estate Conference, June 18, 2018, Learn more here.
- Speaker, BLOCKCHAIN – What Are the Opportunities & Challenges for Commercial Real Estate?, June 6, 2018. Learn more here.
- Speaker, 2018 CIO Strategy Meeting, New York, April 27, 2018. Learn more here.
- Speaker, Blockchain West Summit + Trade Show, March 27-28, 2018. Learn more here.
- Speaker, Blockchain and Bitcoin Conference Tallinn, March 22, 2018, 4:30 pm, Blockchain & US securities laws: How to do a legally compliant token sale in the United States. Learn more here.
- Speaker, The Digital Asset Investor Summit: Big Data, Artificial Intelligence & Cryptocurrency, February 6, 2018. Learn more here.
- Speaker, Realcomm Webinar, Blockchain: The Opportunities and Challenges of the Peer-to-Peer Platform, December 14, 2017. Learn more here. View Alexandra Levin Kramer's slides here.
- Panelist for NYC Legal Tech Meetup, Blockchain Basics and Legal Use Cases, November 7, 2017. Learn more here.
- Alexandra Levin Kramer, Former President of IBREA, gave the opening remarks at the 2nd Annual Conference of the International Blockchain Real Estate Association in NYC, October 2017. View the slides here.
In the News: