AREAS OF PRACTICE
Trademarks and Brands
Licensing and Technology Transfer
Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
California State Courts
Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern District of California
California Courts of Appeal
Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
New York State Courts
Southern District of New York
Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
J.D. from University of Georgia School of Law
Bachelor of Arts cum laude from University of South Carolina, International Studies
South Carolina Honors College
Lisbeth Merrill is a CKR Law partner with 20 years of experience assisting both foreign and domestic clients with litigation and transactional matters to protect and promote their ideas, technology and businesses.
Ms. Merrill has litigated and tried patent and trademark cases involving medical devices, biotech, semiconductors, software and internet technology, mobile devices, lasers, filters, holsters, automotive parts, beverages, apparel, cosmetics and equestrian products.
She assists technology companies with all aspects of their business from incorporation, to protecting and marketing products and intellectual property, crossing borders, acquisitions and joint ventures, licensing, protecting trade secrets, hiring talent, funding deals, manufacturer and other areas.
- Lead counsel in patent litigation matters involving: laser technology against leading manufacturers of laser eye surgical equipment, internet software technology against major internet industry players, and defense of a European semiconductor manufacturer.
- Handled trademark matters for Chinese manufacturer of high end skin care products including negotiation and drafting of a coexistence agreement with a U.S. skin care manufacturer.
- Lead counsel in trademark infringement and trade secret misappropriation action against a former distributor on behalf of appointed licensee.
- Handled transactional matters for a biotech company including negotiating and drafting vendor and facility agreements, intellectual property licensing, joint ventures, subsidiary and corporate structuring, acquisition and due diligence of Latin American and European entities, and corporate formation and maintenance.
- Lead litigation counsel for German manufacturer of high end after market Porsche parts involving issues of franchise, distribution, performance and quality control, trademark infringement, and breach of contract