United States District Courts of the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Fifth Circuits
AREAS OF PRACTICE
General Corporate & Commercial
Bribery, Corruption and FCPA
Corporate Governance and Shareholder Litigation
Breach of Contract and Business Torts
Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell
J.D., South Texas College of Law
B.B.A., General Business, The University of Texas at Austin
Mark A. Font is a partner in the Houston office. Mr. Font is a seasoned trial and appellate lawyer with over 30 years of experience in a wide variety of matters, including international arbitrations, business and commercial disputes and personal injury actions in state and federal courts, and representation of clients before governmental agencies. That experience allows Mr. Font to provide cost-effective, common sense advice and solutions to your legal issues.
Mr. Font has appeared before local, state, and federal courts as well as international tribunals. During his career, he has successfully represented global corporations as well as individuals in a wide variety of litigation matters. Those experiences also allow Mr. Font to provide advice and guidance to clients in transactional matters which minimize risk and keep his clients out of litigation.
Prior to joining CKR, Mr. Font was associated with Bracewell, LLP and Schirrmeister Diaz-Arrastia Brem, LLP in Houston, Texas. Mr. Font also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Harris County, Texas, for 13 years and as a Briefing Attorney to Justice Samuel Houston Robertson of the Fourteenth Court of Appeals.
- Defended a global provider of services and technology in a multimillion-dollar international arbitration arising from a construction contract in the Middle East, Result was a zero award for the contract.
- Represented a chemical company in an international arbitration and subsequent Federal court proceedings arising from a breach of contract. Result was an award for full amount of claim and affirmance of the award in Federal Court.
- Successfully defended a global energy and petrochemicals company in Multidistrict litigation involving alleged injuries arising from exposure to certain chemicals. Result was company dismissed from Bellweather trial.
- Represented a regional property management company and its officers in a breach of contract action. Result was a favorable settlement for clients.
- Successfully defended a global engineering, procurement, construction and installation company from personal injury claims arising from offshore work. Result was nominal settlements.