State Bar of Texas
United States District Court of Southern District of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Corporate & Transactional
Woodlands Bar Association
American Arbitration Association
J.D., University of Houston, Bates College of Law
B.A., Rider University
Donald S. Stirman is of counsel in the Houston office. Mr. Stirman brings over 40 years of experience in the areas of real estate, business and business formation law.
Mr. Stirman believes in providing his clients with the highest quality service possible in a cost-effective and efficient manner. This means having honest, timely, and forthright communications with his clients, ensuring they understand the issues at hand, the potential risks, and the available options. Don's focus is always on the best interests of the client. His clients have ranged from international Fortune 500 companies to small local businesses.
Mr. Stirman has served as the President of The Woodlands Bar Association and a qualified mediator for the American Arbitration Association, having served on its National Panel of Neutrals.
- Represented a Seller in a $3.2 million sale of a large tract adjacent to The Woodlands to a Developer of residential communities. The tract suffered from serious title issues, which had to be resolved prior to the successful closing.
- Helped a client convert a motel into an apartment complex through a newly formed Limited Liability Company and provided advice and counsel in the acquisition of construction financing.
- Represented a Purchaser of a local restaurant, which required the consolidation of Seller's multiple facilities.
- Served as long-term counsel for prominent dental office in The Woodlands, which involved the consolidation of seven separate dentists and dental practices. Formed the Dentists' initial Professional Corporation, handled the later conversion of the corporation into a Professional Association, assisted in the sale of a Dentist Member's share of the company, and ensured the sale complied with federal regulations.
- Represented an exclusive private school in The Woodlands in connection with the construction of an approximately $4 million new school building, including reviewing and revising the construction loan documents.
- Successfully mediated contentious dispute between physician and his former group practice.
- Mediated a dispute between citizen groups threatening litigation over a community theater and its operations.
- Mediated a case between a local physician and a national insurance company.