Don has extensive experience in real estate law, business law, and business formation. He was the founder of his own firm in 1983, later known as Stirman & Shea, P.C. He became of counsel to O'Donnell, Ferebee & Frazer, P.C., in 2016.
Don believes in providing his clients with the highest quality service possible in a cost-effective and efficient manner. This means having honest, timely, and forthright communications with his clients, ensuring they understand the issues at hand, the potential risks, and the available options. Don's focus is always on the best interests of the client. His clients have ranged from international Fortune 500 companies to small local businesses.
In his more than 33 years of practice in The Woodlands, Don has:
- Represented a Seller in a $3.2 million sale of a large tract adjacent to The Woodlands to a Developer of residential communities. The tract suffered from serious title issues, which had to be resolved prior to the successful closing.
- Helped a client convert a motel into an apartment complex through a newly formed Limited Liability Company and provided advice and counsel in the acquisition of construction financing.
- Represented a Purchaser of a local restaurant, which required the consolidation of Seller's multiple facilities.
- Served as long-term counsel for prominent dental office in The Woodlands, which involved the consolidation of seven separate dentists and dental practices. Formed the Dentists' initial Professional Corporation, handled the later conversion of the corporation into a Professional Association, assisted in the sale of a Dentist Member's share of the company, and ensured the sale complied with federal regulations.
- Represented an exclusive private school in The Woodlands in connection with the construction of an approximately $4 million new school building, including reviewing and revising the construction loan documents.
- Successfully mediated contentious dispute between physician and his former group practice.
- Mediated a dispute between citizen groups threatening litigation over a community theater and its operations.
- Mediated a case between a local physician and a national insurance company.
Don is Past President of The Woodlands Bar Association and a qualified mediator for the American Arbitration Association, having served on its National Panel of Neutrals.