State Bar of Georgia
United States District Courts for Northern and Middle District of Georgia
United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
United States Supreme Court
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Alternate Dispute Resolution
Corruption and FCPA
Employment and Labor
White Collar and Fraud
Financial Services Litigation
Real Estate and Construction
Securities and Enforcement
Government and Regulatory
Corporate Governance and Shareholder Litigation
E-Discovery and Information Risk
Tax and Tax Controversy
Professional Liability Litigation
False Claims Act/QUI Tam Whistleblower
Franchise and Distribution
Breach of Contract and Business Torts
Real Estate, Employment
Private Equity/Venture Capital
AV rated by Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
Top 100 trial attorneys in the State of Georgia by the National Trial Lawyers (A.M. Best Certified)
J.D., Atlanta Law School, Magna cum laude
B.A., Criminal Justice, Georgia State University
Stephen P. Fuller is a Partner in the Atlanta office. Mr. Fuller is a seasoned trial lawyer with over 30 years of experience trying a wide variety of civil litigation cases. Mr. Fuller has vast experience representing clients in business and commercial disputes, labor and employment matters, and personal injury actions.
In addition to representing the founder of Applebee's for over 25 years, Mr. Fuller's practice includes advising clients in the restaurant, commercial real estate, manufacturing and medical industries.
Mr. Fuller joined CKR in 2014. Prior to that, Mr. Fuller was the managing partner at Davidson, Fuller & Sloan, LLP for 27 years. Mr. Fuller has appeared before local, state, and federal courts. Mr. Fuller has argued more than one hundred jury trials with substantial success rates, and more than a thousand litigation matters that resulted in excellent resolutions for clients.
- Successfully obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial against a developer by a lower property owner seeking several hundred thousand dollars in damages for flooding alleged to be caused by the development.
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment and affirmation on appeal in the 11th Circuit Court of appeals against a restaurant franchise for a class action regarding FLSA violations. We defeated certification of the action and won summary judgment on the underlying claims. Ide v. Neighborhood Rest. Partners, LLC, 32 F. Supp. 3d 1285 (N.D. Ga. 2014), aff'd, 667 F. App'x 746 (11th Cir. 2016); Ide v. Neighborhood Rest. Partners, LLC, No. 1:13-CV-509-MHC, 2015 WL 11899143 (N.D. Ga. Mar. 26, 2015); Ide v. Neighborhood Rest. Partners, LLC, 667 F. App'x 746 (11th Cir. 2016).
- Successfully represented a Custom Home builder in Arbitration by winning on a majority of the claims on a multi-million home and having the claims reduced by Seventy-Five Percent.
- Successfully represented a builder in a subrogation claim against the builder by a Home Warranty company. We then brought action against the Home Warranty Company for attorneys fees for the action and successfully won the claim for the builder on a motion for summary judgment.
- Successfully obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial against a small business in an owner for damages and additional rent.
- Successfully mediation a multi-million dollar partner dispute regarding multi-unit restaurants and remaining tax liability created by false reporting of one of the partners CPAs.
- Successfully mediated a multi-million claim against a German manufacturer by an American company.
- Successfully defended and resulting mediation of a high net worth client in a divorce action. The former spouse was claiming millions and the case was resolved for ten percent of the claims.
- Successfully defended a motion to dismiss fraud claims filed by our client against the purchaser of their business due to the failure of the purchaser to have a full anti-reliance clause in the purchase agreement. Flowshare, LLC v. GeoResults, Inc., No. CVN17C07227EMDCCLD, 2018 WL 3599810 (Del. Super. Ct. July 25, 2018)
- Successfully mediated an action in the Western District of Texas with former partners of a network marketing business.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of Defendant’s Counterclaim resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement in favor of our client in a case concerning the sale of credit account receivables. Capital Financial Credit, LLC v. New Century Financial Services, Inc., 1:14CV02554, United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia.
- Obtained dismissal of a case against our client in an action resulting from the sale of a traffic control business and alleged violations of restrictive covenants. AWP, INC., v. Southeastern Traffic Supply, Inc., 1:16-cv-01315, United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia.