BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) Entrepreneur Program – Regional Pilot
The British Columbia (BC) Entrepreneur Program – Regional Pilot focuses on attracting global entrepreneurs to regional communities in the province. This will help economic development in the community and encourage investment in urban areas. The Pilot program is expected to be delivered for two years and will be evaluated to ensure both the community and entrepreneur(s) are benefitting from the program. Foreign entrepreneurs that are referred by a participating community are placed in a special separate registration pool for the pilot program. Registrations and applications are prioritized.
Community Eligibility Criteria:
- Population of less than 75,000 and located more than 30 km (18.6 m) from a municipality of more than 75,000.
- Communities must demonstrate their capacity to support foreign entrepreneurs through established networks of business support and settlement agencies.
- Participating communities will refer the foreign entrepreneur to the BC PNP if their business concept aligns with their economic priorities. It is a requirement that the foreign entrepreneur must have visited the community and presented their business concept to the communities designated contact person before receiving a referral.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
- The personal net worth and investment criteria are lower than the existing Entrepreneur Immigration Base Category.
- Language proficiency requirement of a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 for the entrepreneur.
- The Regional Pilot is exclusively for entrepreneurs interested in starting a new business. If you are interested in purchasing an existing business, please apply under the general EI – Base Category for the BC PNP.
The Government of BC has provided a list of enrolled communities by development regions, and community profiles for interested entrepreneurs. Each community may have its own unique process for arranging exploratory visits or issuing referrals to foreign entrepreneurs.
For more information about this exciting new program and further details about a community of interest please contact Véronique Malka, Partner and Chair of the Canadian Law Group, at email@example.com or visit www.canadianlawgroup.com.